15 October 2011

I Heart Halloween

I realized this weekend that Halloween is just under two weeks away, and I can’t wait!

It may be strange of me, but my favorite holiday is Halloween. Yes, Christmas is beautiful and you get gifts. Yes, Thanksgiving is absolutely delicious. Yes, New Years in a total ball.

But you also have to deal with family – bickering, drama, and pretending to like the pink cat sweater your grandmother gave you.

Halloween, however, has everything I can ask for: crafting, make-believe, dressing up, and FRIENDS. So I love it more than all the others.

Now I must start scheming and planning for the night. The costume is crucial.
~~~
I’ve always wanted one like this (Especially since moving to Charleston. It so fits with the history!): 
But I have never been able to pull together the skill or cash.

~~~

And I would love to be able to use this mask in a costume, but I loathe random generic “fairy” or “nymph” or whatever costumes. Any girl can throw one together in 20 seconds without trying.

~~~


I’ve already done Tinkerbell, Holly Golightly, Red Riding Hood, and Dorothy Gale. I’ve also done a few generic ones I hate to admit: a marine, an angel, a nymph. :/

So what do I do this year? And the best part is that if I get it together fast enough I can make my husband wear a matching costume! (Evil I know, but I have to get him to do it before he figures out how to resist my puppy-dog eyes.)

Alice in Wonderland and the White Rabbit? Pirates? Maid Marian and Robin Hood?

It’s just a little bit difficult. I want to match, but so many couple’s costumes are a little bit vulgar. Cop and prisoner: um… ew. Everything else seems to be a little too cheesy.

What to do?!

~~~

What’s been your favorite costume?


Is getting him to match a little too cruel?

1 comment:

Rick said...

I love that Halloween is your favorite holiday and you prefer to stay classy about it. Your dorthy was so much less scandalous than many others we saw tramping around, and I liked your's better.